SR Apprenticeships have an exciting opportunity for a passionate individual to join our Apprenticeship Delivery team as a Skills Coach (Tutor/Assessor) for Level 5 Operations Manager.
As a Skills Coach you will be delivering Leadership and Management Apprenticeships to level 5 to a maximum caseload of 40 learners. Your focus will be to support learners to reach their goals through effective coaching. This is a hybrid role, you will be home based with an expectation to visit learners occasionally.
The role will involve:
- Manage a caseload of learners and support them to achieve their apprenticeship, as well as any additional requirements such as a ILM Certificate/Diploma through to Gateway and successful End Point Assessment
- Coach apprentices in business skills by guiding, supporting, providing accountability and encouragement
- Supporting apprentices remotely to provide coaching and assessment via virtual learning platform
- Establish positive working relationships with clients
- Be able to communicate and articulate constructive feedback at all levels
- To facilitate the enhancement of work performance, self-directed learning and personal development
- Prepare, agree and review apprenticeship learning plans
- Support those learners who require Functional Skills maths and/or English at Level 2
- Challenge and develop apprentice’s skills and abilities to enable them to achieve the best performance results
- Tracking and reporting progress of planned learning to achieve end-point assessment
- Be quick to problem solve and produce solutions to any learning or development barriers to apprentice’s
- Providing observational and specific feedback, encouraging the apprentice to self-assess their performance and readiness for achievement
- Coming up with appropriate solutions for your learners, to ensure they have the best experience and develop their interest and career
- Identify and support learners with additional learning needs and liaise with the learner welfare team to support this
- Take responsibility to ensure Safeguarding, PREVENT, British Values, Health, Safety and Wellbeing and equality, diversity and inclusion are promoted and monitored continually in all areas of the job role
- Support all apprentices in their career planning and next steps
You’ll be joining a leading national training provider at an exciting time of growth and expansion, working in a friendly and supportive environment in an organisation with a strong focus on people and culture.
- 25 days holiday plus public and bank holidays
- Birthday day time off
- 3% pension contribution
- Health cashplan
- Employee discount
- Employee Assistance Helpline
- Employee Health and Wellbeing support
- Buy an additional 3 days annual leave
- Appreciation gifts
- Referral programme
- Work from home/hybrid working
- Annual salary up to £30,000
- Assessor Award CAVA or TAQA Level 3, A1, D32/33 or equivalent
- Teaching Qualification, PTLLS or equivalent is desirable
- Recognised Level 5 or above in Leadership and Management or significant sector experience
- Driving licence and access to car essential
- SR Apprenticeships deliver apprenticeships and professional qualifications nationwide.
- Our expertise is underpinned by our Ofsted Grade 2 ‘Good’ accreditation, and learner-centric delivery is at the heart of our continual operational evolution to ensure our learners receive an outstanding learning journey.
- SR Apprenticeships are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitability qualified persons regardless of their race, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- We promote the wellbeing and welfare of all our learners and our employees and are fully committed to safeguarding, safer recruitment and fulfilling our Prevent Duty obligations. This will be supported and delivered through discussions, interviews, training, interventions, and platforms to enable this. To find out more about our safeguarding policy visit: www.sr-apprenticeships.co.uk
- Please be aware that all successful applicants will undergo a DBS and an online check at the job offer stage. We request proof of qualifications and the right to work in the UK.