Did you know that we offer step by step videos on how to set up a DAS account for Levy Employers and Non-Levy Employers? Click on the relevant selection of Levy or Non-Levy funding for your organisation to find our detailed guide.
Before we start, you will need:
- Your Government Gateway login details for your PAYE Schemes
Your Government Gateway user ID is up to 12 characters long. HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) send this to you by email when your Government Gateway account is set up.
If you lose or forget your user ID or password, you can reset them here.
Alternatively, you can use the accounts office reference number and employer PAYE scheme reference if your annual pay bill is less than £3 million.
- Your organisation’s Companies House number or Charity number
- Submit your first payroll data to HMRC advising them of your intention to take on an Apprentice
1. Go to apprenticeships.service.gov.uk
- First, go to apprenticeships.service.gov.uk. You will need to create a user account to access this service
- Select create account and fill in the form
- Go to your inbox and find the gov.uk registration confirmation email where they will have sent you a code. Go back to the website and enter this code in.
2. Add your PAYE Scheme details
- Select one of the two options:
If you’re a Levy Employer, you should select the first option ‘Use Government Gateway log in‘.
If you’re a Non-Levy Employer, you should select the second option ‘Use accounts office reference number and employer PAYE Scheme reference‘.
Your Accountant will be able to provide you with this if you don’t know where to find your reference number or your PAYE scheme reference number.
The service will then do a background check against Companies House, The Charity Commission and The National Statistics. Where there is a match, DAS will display the organisational details for you to confirm.
- Press ‘These details are correct’ to continue.
3. Accept the Employer agreement
The ESFA agreement is a contract between you and the ESFA that needs to be accepted to allow funding and training to take place. As an Employer, you need to review and confirm the agreement to progress and save a copy to your records.
Next, read our guide on How to Add SR Apprenticeships as your training provider.
Download this guide.
You can also download a copy of the guide below for future reference.